Want to contribute an article to one of the most outspoken news blog in the New Zealand?
FOK is a news blog for Outspoken Kiwis by Kiwis who have contributed one or more guest posts. But before you submit a guest post at FOK, read these guidelines to ensure that your post gets approved.
Being a community news blog, we always encourage upcoming bloggers to contribute an original article related to the topic of our news blog in order to showcase themselves in front of a wide audience.
FOK has been online since 2017 and is one of the most outspoken news blog in the “blogging” and “online news” niches. The purpose here is to help you to reach out to a new audience base, share your journalism talents, and perhaps most importantly, give something back to the community.
Let us share a few more reasons why contributing to FOK is a good idea:
- We are the most outspoken news blog of New Zealand
- We don’t like click bait and overload readers with annoying ads.
- FOK is a a platform for Kiwis by Kiwis.
- Your Author pic is shown everywhere and post is promoted on our social media platform.
How can you become a FOK contributor?
To become a regular contributor at FOK, here are some tips that will help you to get your article accepted and published:
- Head over to the frontpage and check out the first few posts to understand what kind of articles we publish here and what kind of articles users engage with the most.
- Write content that is solely focused on quality and adding value for readers.
- You have to be a blogger or a genuine reader who has something to write and share for the FOK community.
- Here are a few of the categories that we accept articles from. Do remember to do a search on FOK to avoid submitting already published topics that is exactly the same.
- Good Vibes
- “How-to” articles.
A few things to remember before submitting your guest post:
Get in touch to finalize the topic or send us the outline of your content.
- Article Quality: Articles should be a minimum of 500 words and should cover the topic in detail as much as possible without repeating yourself. Incomplete details are like half-cooked food; no one loves incomplete articles. We take quality as one of the major considerations in accepting guest posts. To ensure your article gets published, write a very original piece which is written specifically for the FOK audience and no click bait like articles.
- Credit: FOK respects individual work and if your idea is derivative of someone else’s work, feel free to give them credit. The same goes for images that you use on your post. Please give credit where credit is needed.
- Screenshot + Video: Images speak a thousand words. Add images to convey your message, but don’t add them just for the sake of it. If you are writing tutorials, take a screenshot.
- If you are a video blogger, you can submit your video to FOK!’s Youtube channel. Just create a video, drop us an email, and we will tell you how to submit videos.
- Self-promotion: We allow genuine contribution and don’t allow any backlinks or anything of that sort. But you will get a chance to build a brand for yourself by contributing a post to FOK!
- Copyright: We respect everyone’s work. In case we find out that you have copied a post from somewhere else, you will get an instant ban and immediate removal of all your blog posts and profile from FOK. Also, by submitting a post to FOK, you give us copyright ownership of the post. This helps us to deal with any DMCA related issues.
- Comment: Comments are the conversations about your published article. Answer any queries related to your article via the comments. This will give you more exposure and help out your readers.
Become a FOK author
Contact us if you want to join our awesome staff and enrich our community with your writing skills on a daily basis.